How to use SOLO 461 Heat Detector Tester
Update: Download below the manuals from maker.
How to use SOLO 461 Heat Detector Tester is very easy to use but I will explain first this tool delivered by other companies, the heat detector like DIY aluminium pipe with a lamp and reflector above. This lamp is 100 watts powered by 220 volts in 5 meters cable with switch connected. Sometimes the delivered pole is too short that needs another ladder or chair, sometimes too long when the ceiling in ECR or galley is just a few meters that I needed to cut DIY to perfectly enough to any height of regular people. To use this, find a nearest socket then plug it and switch on, wait 15-20 seconds to activate. It depends how cold or warm the place is, so must hold tight above the sensor with the light reflector since the heat is generated from the lamp bulb. After testing is to secure this long wire and bulky for walking and possibility to damage the bulb for any vibration then you must have enough spare.
Practice fire safety – watch what you heat. ~Author Unknown
This is where Solo 461/461-1 Cordless Heat Detector Tester for your convenience, easy to use, easy to setup. Inside the package of Solo 461, this includes the tester unit with 2 pieces Solo 770 battery Batons and Solo 727 Battery charger. The difference in Solo 461-1 package is one piece of Solo 720 battery baton, tester unit and Solo 727 battery charger.
If you need extension Telescopic Pole from SOLO, read here: Smoke Detector Tester Handles
- Insert the charged battery baton into the tool and by using extra extension pole if necessary.
- Press the red switch to turn on then the LED illuminates green. When it is flashing slowly, it indicates in normal STANDBY mode.
- Position the head for correct angle adjustment by holding the body, push down the small red lever and the other side will move up and pull gently, angle the head unit away from the battery baton. The head unit will lock and remain in that position for testing.
- Ensure that the sensor rests firmly inside the platform of the tester.
- The unit will automatically start testing when the infra-red beam inside the cup is broken. The green LED will flash faster. Hold in place until the sensor in activated. When the sensor alarms, remove the tester unit from the detector.
- It will revert to standby mode and the internal blower will cool the heating element for a few seconds. Do not touch he metal grid that can cause you injury and don’t block the air vents.
- After testing, switch off the testing unit red switch to preserve the battery baton life. Remove the battery baton after use for long storage.
- If the sensor detector fails to activate, try to insert a new sensor to validate the old sensor is defective.
To charge the battery, connect the Solo 727 battery charger to a wall socket, then insert the Solo 770 battery baton to the charger. The LED will flash red and green, then red only to show the fast charging. If the battery is fully charge, It shows steady LED green. If your battery baton is defective, LED flashes red.
- Red/Green flashing: Battery testing
- Red: Fast charging
- Green: Ready to use
- Red Flashing: Battery fault
Can you imagine now how convenient and you can differentiate it by yourself from my post by using the DIY aluminium pole with long cable and vibration sensitive lamp bulb compare to this cordless heat detector. Well, they also offer this Solo 423 heat detector without the battery which is a wired connection to 220 volts for wall outlets. It’s your choice then.
A spark neglected makes a mighty fire. ~Robert Herrick
If the sensor detector is very high, you must need the Telescopic pole explained in my other post. Read it for proper verification of height needed.
Download Manuals from the maker below:
If you have any question or interest to use all mentioned above, check their site www.detectortesters.com and you can find the other products for your convenience. I will write other articles for the different products in separate review.
I’m not paid to review or promote these equipments from the company. I just want to share my experience.
Have you use this one before? Share your experience.
PS: Excuse my grammar, my English is bad. 🙂
Check this one for How to Use SOLO 330 Smoke Detector Tester